What makes a gator a gypsy?

teacher, traveler, photographer, political junky, smash and bash artist, grandmimi, mom, canine companion

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Mixed Media Mayhem - Portraits

Africa Inspired

This post is inspired by the bloggers at Moo Mania with their theme Africa.  The first image is
a drawing I made from a Pinterest post and colored with Distress Crayons and Gelatos.  Hair, as always proved difficult. After I finished, I imported the image to my IPhone to apply various apps. The one here looks like a wax print.  Image Two is a spread using various stash items about Egypt.  I made a polymer clay plaque, embossed it with stamps and textures, antiqued it with dark umber acrylic paint rubbed off. I broke it in half to glue on each side.  For the remainder of the page I used modeling paste with stamps and colored pencils.  Image three is part of a series I have been making about travel destinations, some of which I have reached and some I only dream about.  I used commercial scrapbook paper in my stash and images from Grand Circle Travel's brochure. (For group tours, they are tops).  I enjoy working on challenges presented by other artists on social media. froebelsternchen.blogspot.comMoo Mania Design Group









5 comments:

  1. Wow, absolutely gorgeous pieces of art.

    Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow.. I love the two spreads and your amazing portraits with the different digital touches you added!
    So happy to have you with us at Moo Mania & More dear Linda and thank you for the lovely Shout Out!
    I wish you a happy rest of the week!
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. great portraits!!! Wonderful of art!
    Happy weekend
    Elke

    ReplyDelete