What makes a gator a gypsy?

teacher, traveler, photographer, political junky, smash and bash artist, grandmimi, mom, canine companion

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Mixed Media Mayhem - Making Foam Stamps

I love the convenience of stamping and I want the results to have my own work as much as possible. Making foam stamps based on images I see solves this problem.  (I do love everybody else's stamps too and I have the shelves to prove it.  I stepped out the process from finding images in a fabric swatch to printing on paper.  There are lots of ways to get the image on to the foam..I like to use my Iphone, print, and trace.  Cut out the pieces or engrave with a sharp point to give detail.  If you print with water soluable markers you can spritz the stamp with water to get more prints and a watery effect.  I like to do this with kids and simple drawings.


5 comments:

  1. I'm impressed with the detail you're able to get. How thick is the foam you use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the craft foam sold in kid's section at Michaels...sticky backed sheets about 4x6...they have thicker sheets to use for backing...the thin ones show every mark...so you can draw or trace right on them carefully. I like to cut apart the pieces and reassemble them on another sheet to show line breaks...

      Delete
  2. Those look great, Linda! Great detail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am on to make some fun stamps myself. Thanks for sharing the idea.

    ReplyDelete