What makes a gator a gypsy?

teacher, traveler, photographer, political junky, smash and bash artist, grandmimi, mom, canine companion

Monday, August 24, 2015

Mixed Media Mayhem - What you can do with a kraft coloured paper bag?

Browsing through my Google posts, I visited the blog, http://froebelsternchen.blogspot.com/, to see all that she has been up to recently. She is a prolific artist who posts to many challenge blogs.  I was interested to see her link to http://letsgetshabby.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/challenge-66.html, where the challenge this month is to "do what you can with a kraft coloured paper bag."



This challenge gave me the inspiration I need to finishing a page in my colour journal where I am focusing on the color families featured in Somerset Studio's "With One Palette."  For the cherry red, blue, and kraft I created a collage on a background prepared from the paper bag.  I love the look and feel of the kraft paper when it is saturated with matte medium.

Thank you, Susi.

5 comments:

  1. The red, blue and kraft colours look wonderful together. You have created a fabulous journal page. Thank you for joining in with us at Let's Get Arty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific page, Linda - you nailed it. I love seeing all the challenges that run across my feed - so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab page, I love the red and blue colours combined with your kraft bag!...Thank you for playing along with us at Let's Get Arty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super set of colors, brown paper with a paper bag fits perfectly here... fab page. Thanks for joining in with us at Let`s Get Arty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work . Thank you for playing with us at Let's Get Arty .

    ReplyDelete