What makes a gator a gypsy?

teacher, traveler, photographer, political junky, smash and bash artist, grandmimi, mom, canine companion

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

MIXED MEDIA MAYHEM - GLITTER BIRDS


When my shipment of Dylusions Spray Ink arrived, I couldn't stop spritzing it here and there. This journal page began with random sprays of turquoise and blues.

I had some lazer cut wood birdcages from Michaels that I was eager to turn into stamps so I made the stamped images on gelli printed deli paper and cut and pasted them to the page.





As usual, I had no real plan so I browsed through my stash and found scrapbook paper that I could use as a stencil.  I applied light weight molding paste through the swirls and placed the birds on opposing locations.  I stained the paste with Marvy markers to get precise placement.

I added the foliage through an old stencil with paint and markers and finished with the words stamped on Gelli printed deli paper. Oops...not yet.  I had to add the glitter to the birds to make them stand out.

Oops...not yet.  I had to add the glitter to the birds to make them stand out.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages Linda! love the happiness they show! ")

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are truly blessed with creativity and an a spirit of adventure. Just one look at this page made me calm, happy. and eager to view more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I love your work… These pages are beautiful with yummy color! I'm curious… how did you cut out the pattern on the scrapbook paper?

    ReplyDelete