This layout began with the accidental collusion of a pack of flash cards delivered from Key Lime Supplies on Etsy, some old paint strips, and some interesting scraps from a quilting magazine.
To begin, I had gessoed the pages some time ago and used them as mopping up. I added some magazine cutouts to start a flow. In my stash I had piles of paint charts from which I had cut circles for a first grade project at the museum, I played with placement.
I decided try weaving the French flash cards and the paint chips. I found three that worked with my theme. Also stenciled some iridescent turquoise squares around the pages and a page of dictionary text to balance on the right page.
To go with my theme I wanted some old postcards I had stored somewhere that pictured women reading, but, alas, I could not find them. So I substituted a clip art image of a pretty serious looking gal. I added some cut out letters which looked boring until I traced around theme with some pearly dimensional paints.
I added my journaling to commemorate the rationale for my page. This whole exercise was really fun, and I did not do it in bed.