What makes a gator a gypsy?

teacher, traveler, photographer, political junky, smash and bash artist, grandmimi, mom, canine companion

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Documented Life Project - Cry Me a River


Documented Life Project
April Theme
Color Safari (Exploring Inks and Paints)
April 11
Art Challenge:  Acrylics
Journal Prompt:  Cry Me a River


I have fallen behind in my posts for this project because I have had some trouble connecting with the themes.  For this post, I am not a crier.  With the benefit of age and experience, I have seen loss, but I can see every experience has been a learning opportunity.  My email tag is a quotation from Nietzsche..."That which does not kill us makes us stronger"  Although I can be a "negative Nellie" seeing the pitfalls in pathways, but I also tend to look for the positive spin in the bad situations.  Got this journal entry I looked for quotations to fit and found "Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened".  That's the Pollyanna view.  For the other page, I chose words to the effect that crying is ok, but you still have to take charge and make your choices.  I searched for images of women crying and found the snippet about melodrama and the vintage ads.  Here is my result...


My steps involved swiping colors over the page with a credit card, adding texture paste which I could write into, collaging my images.






No comments:

Post a Comment