What makes a gator a gypsy?

teacher, traveler, photographer, political junky, smash and bash artist, grandmimi, mom, canine companion

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Mixed Media Mayhem - Tea for Me

Tea for Me
Isn't tea the antidote for whatever ails you.  My mother made it for me when I was a child and served it with cinnamon toast...but only when I was sick.  



I always have several journals working at once.  This page is from my "Use it Up" book where I clean brushes and stencils and collect ephemera and detritus from other journals.  I wanted to use up the blank left over after I punched out an alphabet, so I stuck them down to a page where I had cleaned up from some Dylusions.  



To try to unify this mess I dry brushed with heavy white gesso, a favorite art supply.



What next?  Looking at my confused color palette led me to my paper stash.  Every time I go to Paper Source, I buy some of their beautiful paper...then just look at it.  I decided in my "use it up" mood to cut up one of the vintage tea wrapping paper and paint over the cups to match my background.   I added the tea pot from the packaging of the Publix tea bags, and the steam from a piece of chipboard.





No comments:

Post a Comment